Sunday, November 7, 2010

Coffee

My mom can be pretty frugal when it comes down to it. Having been a single mom, she's been used to it. She picked herself up and went back to school when I started elementary and became a teacher. She's been through a lot, actually, and is incredibly strong. Though, she does have a few weaknesses. One of them being coffee.

She doesn't have the most discriminating taste when it comes to coffee. She'll drink instant. She drinks it everyday, in fact. Maybe four times a day? And that's not the most expensive of habits. But she doesn't stop there. While she likes instant coffee, she LOVES lattés.

Espresso coffee, with a cookie or slice of cake, is one of her great joys in life. She's a vip member at a coffee franchise around here which costs her $65 a year. Every Thursday her and her teacher friends go for coffee at said franchise, and then every Sunday she goes with her other friend. It used to be that every couple of days her and I went for coffee, but I had to stop going because I knew it was costing to much. And her being my mom, she always wanted to pay.

I'm hooked into the coffee lifestyle now, too. I LOVE it. I haven't been for coffee in a couple of weeks, and I don't drink instant, but I miss it.

I don't know how to ask her to stop going for coffee. I don't think that I can. But this is just another obstacle in the path to being debt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment