Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monthly Update

Well, this is the first update, really. But I'll try to make this a monthly thing.

So, I just did the calculations on all the debt my mom has, and how much she's paid back, and you can see that effort on the side there.

So her total debt is $76,798.64, and she's paid back $30,536.17, or 40% of her total debt.

Total Debt
$30,536.17
$76,798.64
40%

While it's a butt load of money, and not even half-way, it's a massive start.

The things on the right are in order of priority, starting with the ones we're able to lower the minimum repayments of when we pay back a certain amount. They're also ones where interest isn't pre-calculated into repayments, so the more we pay off, the less interest gets added on. Then we have in order of the amount owed.

My fiancée told me this is debt snowballing. A cool concept, and I'm sure it'll work.

Plan of attack? Sell things we don't need and make a big payment to our number one target. Once we get things paid off, that's not extra money in her pocket, but more money to put towards paying the other things off QUICKER!.

LET'S GET DEBT FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment