Sunday, November 7, 2010

Savin' Money, Eatin' Less

This week will be an interesting week. As well as trying to get my mom out of debt, I'm also trying to save money for a wedding, AND try to stay healthy and lose some weight.

My fiancée and I are getting married in the fall next year. Plans have been slowed down due to the fact that we're unable to find an inexpensive photographer that fits our style or a venue that will meet our needs. We're hoping to spend $5000 or less, so it's not like we're planning to go BIG.

For the wedding I'm hoping to shed about 20 lbs. I'm paying for a gym membership (which I AM using, haha), just bought a bike to get around on to save petrol, and now I'm trying to eat less this week. Well, for a while, actually. Last night I went to bed hungry, so, hey, who knows how it's going to go. The problem is, the cheap food? It's the unhealthy stuff. Hopefully we'll get a garden going soon so we can have fresh vegetables for free!

But that bike I bought? Well, there were two of them, one for me and one for my fiancée. They were both on sale AND a good brand, so we jumped on it. However, it was more than my paycheck for the fortnight, and I don't get paid till next Wednesday. So it's going to be interesting. Ramen, ramen, ramen!

No comments:

Post a Comment