Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How It Happened

So how did my parental unit get into so much debt? Well, it all started when I was young.

The first thing I remember my mom putting on credit is a bike. See, when I was a kid, my mom didn’t have a job. When I started going to school, my mom decide to go back to school. She became a teacher, and once she’d been at her job a couple years, companies decided she was okay to lend to.

So yes, the first thing was a bike, but it didn’t stop there. The ability to purchase things with credit meant our dreams were reachable. T.V.s, video games, necessities like washing machines and fridges, holidays, etc. were all put on credit. Whenever things were paid off, it just meant we could put more things on credit.

And so it continued until my fiancĂ©e came into my life. My priorities switched, her brains came into play, and now our goal is to get my mom’s debt paid off so she can come to our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment